Beef, Chilli And Rice
What You Need (serves 4)
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower or olive oil
- 1 medium onion (peeled and chopped)
- 1 medium carrot (peeled and chopped)
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 200g (8oz) lean minced beef
- 440g (17oz) can chopped tomatoes
- 220g (8oz) can red kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 200g (8oz) long-grain rice
How To Make It
- Fry the onion and carrot in the oil for 3 minutes until soft and tender.
- Add the minced meat, chilli powder and mixed herbs and cook for 10 minutes until meat is browned.
- Stir in the tomatoes and canned kidney beans, bring to the boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Boil the rice as instructed on the packet.
- Season the chilli with pepper and serve with the boiled rice.
Try these different variations:
Add other vegetables such as peppers, mushrooms and celery.
Serve with hot ciabatta, foccacia, wraps or French bread.
Have salad on the side.
Add garlic and extra chilli for a hotter flavour.
Recipe kindly provided by the Grampian Dietitians.